|Description||Documents found when clearing basement of Shire Hall. |
R55/26/12-20 are plans which have been several times numbered and renumbered. The '1148 o/c' numbers evidently relate to Office of Works or Prison Commission numeration and imply that these plans were acquired by the County Council on its purchase of the former prison in the 1920s. They include some plans drawn up by the County Surveyor which had evdiently been passed to the Commissioners after the Prisons Act 1877. From that date the Gaol is called usually Cambridge Prison. Several of the plans are numbered in a circle or have a letter code top centre, but both these systems appear to date from after the palns themselves were made.