|Brampton Manor House. This photograph was taken for a Mr Burnaby, and shows the house and outbuildings, with its surrounding wall and gates. The Burnaby family had owned the Manor House in Brampton from the 18th century, but in 1875 Thomas Burnaby built a new Manor House on the cellars of the previous house at a cost of £8000. This photograph may have been taken in 1875, soon after the new house had been built. The family sold the house in 1895.