|A view of the house of Mr Robert Hutchinson, architect of Huntingdon. The house, which still stands, is at the junction of Market Hill and Princes Street. The old meat market can be seen behind the house. A woman and child stand in the doorway of the house.
The white building beside it, part of which can be seen on the left of the image, is The Ship & Chequer Inn. The "R" from the name board can just be seen. In about 1914 the name was changed to The Market Inn. Possibly the inn was enlarged to its present size at this time to include the former house in Raitt's Passage which is the front entrance to the pub today