|The interior of Trinity Church showing the magnificent organ which had been erected at a cost of £830 in 1885 by the firm of Peter Conacher & Co. of Huddersfield. This organ replaced an earlier one, which was sold to Peterborough Wesleyan Methodists for the sum of £280. According to "A History of Trinity Church (Huntingdon) in the Nineteenth Century" by C.P. Petty, this "new organ had thirty-six speaking stops on three manuals and pedals with five couplers and a total of two thousand one hundred and sixty-eight pipes. This noble instrument - reputed to be the finest in the country - is the one which still stands in the Church today" Of course, this history was written in the 1950s, before the demolition of the church in the 1960s.
Mr Reaney had been the church organist since 1872, but he did not live long to enjoy this superb new organ, as he died in 1888. The congregation erected a memorial to him in the cemetery, but it was stated "that the real memorial to him was the organ itself" (Petty). His successor was his brother in law, Frank Clark, who was organist at the Church until his death in May 1944