|The grounds of Houghton Grange with the Coote family on the lawn. A large thatched summer house can also be seen. The image is thought to show Charles Harold, his wife Edith and their son Mervyn, by the summerhouse. Charles Harold Coote, J.P., D.L., was the son of Charles Coote of the Priory, St Ives. He was born there in October 1864, and was educated at Rugby and Neufchatel, Switzerland. He was J.P. for Huntingdonshire and Deputy Lieutenant for Cambridgeshire, High Sheriff for both counties, County Councillor and Alderman of St Ives and Mayor of the town in 1892, 1908 and 1909. Married to Edith Davis of Ferndale, South Wales. (Taken from Hunts Contemporary Biographies ed by WT Pike, 1912).