|Title||Huntingdonshire Militia Officers|
|Description||Group of thirteen officers of the Huntingdonshire Militia and one civilian, photographed at the Militia Barracks, Huntingdon. The First Hunts Rifles Regiment of Militia was formed in 1854. The Colonel was the Earl of Sandwich of Hinchingbrooke House, his second in command was Major the Right Honourable Lord Viscount Mandeville of Kimbolton, and the Adjutant was J.G. Green of Buckden. The Regiment consisted of 4 Captains, 6 Lieutenants and 396 other ranks. The two figures on extreme right have been blanked out with paper cut outs attached to the original glass plate.|
|CreatorName||The Whitney Collection|
Show related Persons records.
|F/0009||Montagu; family; of Hinchingbrooke House; Earls of Sandwich||11th Century-Present|
|P/0057||Montagu; Lord; John William (1811-1884); 7th Earl of Sandwich; of Hinchingbrooke House||1811-1884|