|The interior of the old Methodist Church on The Waits, St Ives. According to Bob Burn-Murdoch in his book "Victorian St Ives", this chapel was built in 1815 on the site of a barn that the congregation had used for it services. The interior of the chapel was plain but impressive, with wooden pews and a pulpit and the organ in the upstairs gallery. The chapel could seat 500 and had a regular congregation of about 300 in the early 1900s. The chapel was demolished in 1904-1905 and was replaced with the present building.