|Rear view of Houghton Grange. This was the residence of Charles Harold Coote, J.P., in the early years of the twentieth century. He had been born in St Ives and was Mayor of the town in 1892, 1908 and 1909. This view appears to be the illustration used in the Contemporary Biographies of Northamptonshire and Huntingdonshire edited by W.T. Pike and published in 1912. The house was for many years the headquarters of the Houghton Poultry Research Station, and today stand derelict, awaiting redevelopment.