|The interior of St Ives parish church after the restorations of 1894-1897. According to "Victorian St Ives" by Bob Burn-Murdoch, in 1894 a carved wooden screen was installed between the nave and chancel, along with a new organ. In 1897 statues of saints were fitted in the empty brackets on the nave pillars. Both the screen and statues were designed Ninian Comper (later Sir Ninian Comper), one of the greatest church architects of the 20th century. A similar photograph to this one appears in Bob Burn-Murdoch's book, taken by the local church architect Sidney Inskip Ladds, and also in "Portrait of St Ives" by Valerie Kendall. The latter adds that the screen with the ornate organ-case and rood was the gift of the Reverend A.S. Barnes, Vicar from 1891-1894, in memory of his father.