|The photographer Mr Ernest Whitney in his studio. Ernest Whitney joined the firm of Maddison & Hinde in 1903 as an apprentice, and by the time of the 1911 census he had set up his own business as a photographer, and was working from his home in Sapley Road, Hartford. By 1915 he had established a studio at 129 High Street, Huntingdon, as the Hunts Post of the 2 April of that year contains an advert for "E.S. Whitney's Photographic Studio now opened at 129 High Street". By the 1920s he had moved to 148 High Street.