|View of the High Street, Huntingdon, from the Three Tuns public house looking towards Literary and Scientific Institute (now the Commemoration Hall). The shop of Walter E. Driver, grocer, at 31 High Street, can be seen on the left. with Mr Driver standing in the door way. Next is the shop of his uncle, Edward Sarll, glass and china merchant. Both shops have large lanterns outside emblazoned with their names. The young lad with the bicycle is William Allen, the delivery boy for the business of Walter Driver.
The two shops beyond belonged to a Mr Dixon, picture framer (now Krafty Kats), and a Mr Peacock, clothier (now the recently opened and even more recently closed Noodles & Juice Bar). Foster House is next - this large house was demolished in the 1960s and the modern building housing Cash Converters and Platters stands here today..
On the other side of the High Street there is the Three Tuns public house at 139 High Street. Next to it is the shop of Alfred Harvey, draper (now the Tattoo Parlour and Guiseppe Joe's, the barber). Cromwell's bar is in the next building today.
Looking along the High Street you can just make out the archway leading to Marshall Brothers' Brewery and Brewery House, which is now the entrance to the modern Chequers Court
This photograph was used in the 1910 Borough Guide to Huntingdon p.13. (see HP/46/30/4/2)