|Studio portrait of the Reverend James Henry Millard, Minister of Trinity Church, Huntingdon from 1846-1858, and again from 1863-1877.
He was born in Lymington, Hampshire, in 1819, the son of a Baptist minister. In 1840 he entered the Baptist College at Stepney, and in 1845 was appointed at co-Pastor at the Chapel in Huntingdon (our old Record Office in Grammar School Walk) with the Reverend William Wright, who had been pastor there since 1825. The Reverend Wright retired at the end of 1845, and the Reverend Millard was elected as sole Pastor. He left in 1858 to go to a parish in London, but returned to Huntingdon in 1863. He had become Secretary General to the Baptist Union in 1863, and in 1877 he resigned from this office and from the Huntingdon Pastorate to become the Secretary of the Home and Irish Mission. Four years later he became Pastor of Green Hill Church in Derby, where he died on the 22 October 1883.