|Ramsey St Mary's Church.
|The parish of Ramsey St Mary's was formed in 1860 and lies 2 miles north west of Ramsey. The 1869 trade directory describes the church of St Mary as "a very elegant modern building, in the Early Decorated style and consists of chancel, nave, aisles and font; there are several stained glass windows, two in memory of the foundress, the late Mrs. Emma Fellowes, who also endowed the church: the tower contains two bells and a clock". This image was possibly taken in the 1880s. It is interesting to see the original wooden and slated spire on top of the tower. Over the years it became unsafe, and was taken down c1920
|The Whitney Collection
Show related Persons records.
|Fellowes; family; of Ramsey Abbey; Barons de Ramsey